New Year's in Price, Utah, is not celebrated in quite the same way as in other parts of the state, country and I daresay , world.
Yes, there are similarities--those Castle Country dwellers haven't completely reinvented the wheel. But their idea of New Year's entertainment and your idea of New Year's fun may differ slightly.
Chronicled for the first time in a public domain, I bring you the
Cox Family New Year's Games 2007/2008
Exhibit 1:
"Point out the Preggars"
(Also known as Find the Fruitful and Guess the Gestater)Need help? HINT: Contestants 2,4,5,6 are NOT in the family way. Make no mistake, I am most certainly contestant #2!!
Exhibit 2:
"Take a Family Picture in 5 Degree Weather"
Other objectives of the game are to: (1.) Get Bennett to Look at the Camera and (2.) Be Happy About It Exhibit 3:
"Audition for Cox Family's Heavy Metal Band,
Hearing Impaired Cheetah"
(not to be confused with Def Leppard)

Exhibit 4:
"Chase Small Children with Open Markers Around House to Prevent Multi-Colored Walls and Furnishings"
The game is won when participating Small Children cry when markers are confiscated.




















4 comments:
Sounds like Price and Tucson might be about the same in the Thrilling catagory! Love your pics! Tucson pics still to come!
I almost thought you were making an announcement, until I read the hint. Phew. That could've been embarassing if I hadn't read the whole post.
It sounds like some Price-less fun down there! (It's still early for me, sorry.)
Does Chris think he is an amazing guitarist? Do you?
You are so funny Emily. I love your blog, I love the way you write. Every time I read your blog I wonder what your book is about I can't wait to hear anything about it.
Holy cow (literally) I am surprised you were able to fit all those bellys in there and still be close enough to see the faces to tell who is who!!! Of course no thanks to contestants 1 and 3.
Post a Comment