The 80s had a lot to offer. There were good things and, umm, not so good things (peg pants, claw bangs, Cyndi Lauper boots, Boy George, etc. etc.). There were the ugly and the even uglier (another post for another time), the big and the even bigger (and I refer to hair).
But one day, a little spark of genius came floating into the hairspray-asphyxiated world and the motherlode of all 80s goodness was born.
And that motherlode, my friends, was
The Jelly Shoe.

I have, at this moment, a very real, very wearable version of these delightful red jelly shoes in my closet. Purchased in joy and jubilation, they have inspired me to begin a collection.
It is my sincere desire to, one day, introduce each of these members of the Jelly Family (and any others that may "stumble upon me") to my waiting and welcoming closet.
A Cautionary Note: Take care not to let your feet see these pictures unless you plan on purchasing Jelly Shoes immediately. It's mean to tease and it will drive your feet to the very brink of madness.


























6 comments:
Where do I get some? Lucy has pink ones and clear glittery ones. Mom needs some to match!
Oh Wow! Such options...I don't remember having so many choices as a child but now...they even have heels. You could wear those to church!
Where do I find these?
if I were a fan of pink and high heels I would think that the pink highheeled ones looks cute. They actually look like real shoes. I was deprived as a child. my mother never let me have jelly shoes
I got some last year at Ross for a few bucks and they were my fav's all summer long. I've been eying them the past few days and can't wait for the weather to get warm enough to break them out...and to buy and new pair for this season, so I'm sure to stay on top of the fashion trends. I think I'll pass on the heels. Jelly and pumps don't seem like a good combo!
While I salute your nod to jelly greatness, I do have to mention one slight down-side to the trendy shoes: they make your feet smell TERRIBLE. Otherwise, I'm with ya all the way sistah!
Maybe in the twenty years since jelly's first beginnings, the smell will be better! :)
Post a Comment