img { border: 15px solid #000; background: #000; filter:alpha(opacity=60); opacity:0.6; padding: 1px; }

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Rekindled 80s Hysteria

I don't usually like to brag about my former 80s life, but it was totally rad.

At the age of 9, I had a superstar boyfriend. (This is legit--Too Legit to Quit, in fact.)

Yeah, he was a little older, but it WAS hard to resist my crimped, side ponytail, stonewashed, pegged jeans and matching denim jacket with its 283 plastic buttons showcasing his bodacious face.

Like I said, I was a total babe-o-rama. So it was totally, like, no duh, when I started going out with Joey McIntyre from NKOTB. My BFF went out with Joey's homeboy,Jordan, so we got to rock out to their def jams together. Of course, we had all their albums and, like any good girlfriend, had all the words memorized. There were tears and hysteria every time we played their music on our boom boxes or watched their concerts. And something about Hangin' Tough just begged us to do the Running Man.

Those were bogus days, dude.
But don't be so bummed out. NKOTB is totally back in action!
(Isn't Joey a total BABE?)




Time to rev up the tapes and unroll the posters under your beds, ladies. Those of us who were in the NKOTB VIP club will be wearing our t-shirts with Joey's face screen-printed on them. (And, DUH, of course we won't forget the big glitter belts.)

Don't be a dweeb. You can't sike me out. I know you've still got 'em....

5 comments:

JJ said...

Like...oh,oh,oh,oh,oh (repeat) The Right Stuff! I loved Joey! And yes, he's still easy on the eyes! In fact, it was his eyes that were so awesome...that clear blue!

My husband would be so impressed that you have Cake on your playlist. He loves "Short Skirt, Long Jacket."

Heather said...

I must admit, I never, ever hung a poster on my wall--in my whole life. I'm telling myself now that it was because my mom wouldn't let me. My room was always decorated--and not by me, which probably explains some of my quirks today.
I'll don my leggins and oversize tee, slip it through my shirt ring thingy, and put my pairs of socks on with my keds!

Unknown said...

Oh how I miss those days! I had a full length door poster, and a beach towel, I don't know what happened to either one but if I ever find them again I am sure it'll be worth some money!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Donny! I knew you would come back to me! I had posters of him all over my walls. He had those stellar jeans that had holes all over... HOT HOT HOT! My friends and I went to see them in concert. Now that they are back- it is like an old friend coming home... LOVE YOU DONNY!

The Webbs said...

Oh Emily, how young and naive you were, NKOTB--really? I don't know if this will rock our friendship, but I was anti-NKOTB. Maybe it was because I grew up with boys that the whole "boy band" thing never sat well with me.