Attention all Roly-Polies!
**The Roly-Poly Associatino of America is issuing a warning to its members regarding a certain 2-year-old's newly found fascination.
No roly-poly is safe!
Please keep off all sidewalks and areas visible to toddlers. There are no casulaties to date, but victims are exhibiting symptoms of PTSD from being forced to repeatedly roll into balls in fear for their lives.**

On a recent walk up the street, it was apparent that Bennett and I had interfered with some kind of Roly-Poly Convention. They were everywhere, scrambling to do whatever Roly-Polies do at a gathering. And we greeted each one in turn, adding a solid 15 minutes to a 5 minute walk. Bennett was very kind...just intrigued. I have a feeling this adoration is not--and will not--be reciprocated.
In addition to a recently discovered love of small, helpless critters, Bennett has become a
Renegade Sprinkler Runner.
Sounds serious....AND highly-skilled.
Surprisingly, one's resume does not have to be lengthy. In fact, Bennett got into the business without so much as a single credential. He just followed all the right steps.
For interested parties, follow these steps to break into the profession:
Step 1: Get dressed in church clothes. When you arrive at your grandparents' house in Price on Mother's Day, seek out the closest running sprinkler.
Step 2: Run through that sprinkler as many times as you can. Get thoroughly soaked. Invite your cousins to join in, especially if one is wearing a nice dress and the other has on his church shoes.

Step 3: Laugh loudly and add an occasional squeal so your mom knows she'll totally ruin your fun if she dares make you come in and dry off.
Step 4: Surrender to the mother figure when she makes you come in and dry off. It's just easier this way. And it's all part of your plan, anyway...
Step 5: When Mom goes out to the car for a change of dry clothes, bust out the back door and run through the sprinkler in your diaper. 

And that's it!! You're now an official Renegade Sprinkler Runner! Congratulations!




















5 comments:
Emily-
Under your expert touch, the ordinary and mundane things of life are a feast to the senses. You truly are an amazing writer. Thank you for sharing your little vignettes and anecdotes with the rest of us.
Love,
Megan
P.S. How is the pregnancy coming? I think it's time for an update.
Emily-
Under your expert touch, the ordinary and mundane things of life are a feast to the senses. You truly are an amazing writer. Thank you for sharing your little vignettes and anecdotes with the rest of us.
Love,
Megan
P.S. How is the pregnancy coming? I think it's time for an update.
How cute!! He really knows how to have fun! ;) Hope you all are doing well!
Well, the diaper is definitely going to have to go if he is going to be a cool break-dancer someday! I do say though, great job catching him in the act! I didn't know that you actually got pictures, we both had a good laugh!
haha this is the funniest thing I've read. I found you guys off of aaron and rachael's site! I hope you don't mind! This is nick's friend Jamie by the way, Jamie King- now Jamie Hebdon. Bennett is so cute! I hope all is well with you guys! :)
Post a Comment