img { border: 15px solid #000; background: #000; filter:alpha(opacity=60); opacity:0.6; padding: 1px; }

Friday, December 5, 2008

Like Having a Pet Rock

If one is older than dirt, how old does that make them, exactly? From somewhere in the depths of my brain, I am pulling up geological facts, fragile remains from my Geology 101 days. These facts may or may not be true. I regret I didn't pay closer attention because it REALLY would have come in handy for this post. But, what the heck, we'll assume those fossils of information are planted firmly in factual ground.
What I'm thinking is this: if one is older than dirt, they must be at least as old as rock. Dirt is a derivative of rock, in the grand scheme of geology, right? So yeah. This is absolutely factual.
Universal Truth: If one is older than dirt, they are as old as rock. And I would say that rock is AT LEAST...oh , I don't know. Let's just throw out a number. How about 30? Yeah, that sounds about right.

Therefore, Christopher recently became as old as rock.
I've always wanted a pet rock. :)
Because it was a big year for him, geologically and otherwise, we had a bit of a "rock" party for him. Think "rock" in terms totally unrelated to geology of any kind.

THE MEN OF ROCK
Representing Alternative (Shea), Punk Rock (Christopher), Rockabilly (Rick), Christian Rock (John) and Latin Rock (Jake).
MANAGER, MEN OF ROCK (Doug) The WOMEN OF ROCK
Representing 80s Chick Rock (Carla), Grunge (Nicole), Classic Rock (Shannon), the most metallic of Heavy Metal (Heather) and Arena Rock (Emily)


The 30 year old rocker and his 20 year old woman. Okay, okay...his IN HER TWENTIES woman.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY "ROCKIN'" HUSBAND!

3 comments:

Moey and Spence said...

That is awesome!! I think it would take so heavy bribe to get spence and a few of our friends to dress up like that!!

Kara said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRIS! (And yes, I know, we are late, but I hear late is better than never, right?) :) And can I just say I think I may have seen your pictures in some of the tabloids in the check out line. You sure you're not leading a double lifestyle, you two?? (I'll be watching and if that couple in tabs starts fighting over their boys...I'll know it's you!)

Watsdog said...

Happy Birthday Chris!!! In my opinion, you're not quite as old as a rock...otherwise What does that make me? Hope you had a great birthday.