img { border: 15px solid #000; background: #000; filter:alpha(opacity=60); opacity:0.6; padding: 1px; }

Friday, September 3, 2010

I Come Anon, Billy SHakes

*Warning: This post is riddled with inside jokes that are meaningless and downright stupid to you, dear reader.  Thus, I dedicate this post to Sheri, Alan B. Home Shea and Nicole’s favorite word.*

My Resident Genie, Alan Bubba, recently granted three wishes.

Hark!  Behold how it went down:

Me: Al, I beseech thee…let us depart hither and hie thither on a mini-vacation with friends for some good VR time.

Al: Poof!

IMG_8484

IMG_8488

IMG_8493

IMG_8494

IMG_8495

DSC01891_thumb[1]

 

Sheri_Dew

imagesadsfa

Me: Prithee, wherefore and from whence did Christian Bale appear before mine eyes? 

(And who allowed these saucy oafs to stop in Richfield and ‘vend’ HGW?)

IMG_8503

Ms. Dew: Sheri Do like that…fc92e5d0c0acd42fe7e0ba8f25efabfc_resized

but your Virtual Lamp is now half-full.

Me: Al, let us make haste! To the Shakespearean Festival! 

Alack, I’ve missed it two years in a row and that verges on sacrilege.  I miss it.  I crave thespian-ism. 

Al: Poof! Hie thee hence!

Me: Ho!….I’m in St. George! IMG_8482

Al: Dost thou protest, fair lady?

Me: Fie! Art thou mad?

Forsooth,tis not Bora Bora and Nicole is not swimming under the hut, but  St. George is close enough to my beloved alma mater, Southern Utah University

                       DSC01892_thumb[2]

DSC01893_thumb[2]

DSC01894_thumb[2]  

(Goooooooooo T-Birds!),

and its Tony award-winning  Festival, so whilst we’re here…

 IMG_8486

IMG_8487

IMG_8492

IMG_8491

IMG_8498

IMG_8499

IMG_8500

Me: Ho hum and hey nonny nonny, I do miss Billy and his plays.

Al: Poof! 

Me: Ho!   BIlly!  Oh, how I’ve missed your little (but oh-so-clever) balding head, my liege. 

 

IMG_8502

Zounds! Methinks you’ve lost more hair since last we met.

IMG_8501

Me: But Ho!  These plays are fabulous! 

 DSC01897_thumb[1]vespa

So who cares about your hair? 

“There’s a cream for that….”

 

25185_376798154770_130481929770_3471501_7615029_a

(The 39 Steps: Two of the biggest thumbs I can find way, way up!)

Merchant12_fs

(Merchant of Venice: Five very bright, twinkling stars….)

*Note: We’ve seen A LOT of the Shakespearean Festival productions and have always been blown away. The Festival is not to be missed.*

Touche!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Heather DO like this post! I'm no Sheri, but I can only speak for myself.
What a fun-filled 48 hours! Thanks for no merchant-intermission-jokes. Even though there were none to make, I'm sure you could come up with something.

Anonymous said...

Um, I just had to comment on this blog since I laughed so hard I peed a little! I can't wait for the awesome website to be completed... Love,
YOUR VL!

The M's said...

Well I surely didn't get the "inside" jokes but I enjoyed your rennaissance vocab very much :) Ryan and I went to the Texas Rennaissance Festival a couple of years ago and it was definitely FUN!