I settled into my thirties this week.
I mean, you know, I entered my thirties last year, but settling in, finding my way around, getting comfortable…that takes time.
It’s like plumping a new pillow just so or slipping into that perfect pair of jeans. Or hugging that ragged, mangy stuffed animal so much you squish its poor internal Poly-fill organs.
if I’m going to be here in Thirties-land for awhile, I’d like to settle in, get cozy, make a space that’s all my own.
And I think I did it--I’m all moved into #31 now.
Let me show you what I brought along to make Thirty-One so comfy.
*The perfect rainy day, complete with Fall colors
*Phone calls, notes and gifts from family and friends—some of which I did not get a photo of, but cherish with equal love.
*An Emily-esta, lovingly hosted by my very culturally-minded friends
*A carpentry masterpiece in my bedroom which my husband is tirelessly slaving over to finish by my 32nd birthday :)
*A chill night at home with my equally-aged man, watching past seasons of Arrested Development.
(This brought much laughter to the occasion.)
*A date with Percy and Marguerite at Hale Center Theatre’s The Scarlet Pimpernel (one of my most beloved books and now one of my most adored plays. Thank you, Heather.)
*Dinner at Thai Village with my family—during which I failed to snap a single photo due to my kids and their state of “over-excitement”.
I guess they were as jubilant as I that Thirty-One has come to visit for a whole year.
So, you see, 31 has brought with it a few of the things I love most—family, friends, laughter, wit, color, sugar, good memories (a new sweatshirt from my alma mater), a little England (a particularly fantastic gift from my mom), Mexican food and happiness. :)




















1 comment:
Happy happy! I'm glad it was a wonderful one for you. You deserve it.
Post a Comment