It’s winter. Bitter cold. Icy.
It is blatantly obvious we do not reside in a tropical clime.
So THIS
does not belong here, among the snow drifts and naked trees.
And THESE
do not belong on our backs in such conditions.
But…they were.
For a total of 14 hours.
8 in a tepid (and that’s being generous) pool, 6 in a 65-foot deep balmy crater in Midway.
And THAT was after the 8 hours of classroom time, making a grand total of 22 hours spent in a watery pursuit.
All for what?
To face my biggest fear: 
Just think…me…the Deep Water Anti-Zealot has completed her
Open Water Scuba Certification!
I can breathe underwater without panic attacks. I can clear my mask! I can maneuver against the currents!
Oh, the ACHIEVEMENT of it all! :)
Now Christopher thinks I’m dying to jump in the ocean. Mmmmmmm…..don’t know about that. Why would I want to relinquish my Anti-Zealot title NOW?
There are still sharks and I haven’t exactly certified in Shark Love…




















5 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS!! I am SO SO SO excited for you! SCUBA is one of my true loves. I have missed it so much this last year--I think Dave and I are going to have to take a "honeymoon" when we get done with all this residency jazz. And the sharks aren't scary! "What are you TALKING ABOUT?" you say. They really aren't. I promise. JUST GO! And some day, maybe we'll all go together. :)
P.S. We will be here in NC for 1.5 more years. Time's a-tickin' lady.
YAY for you! Now you are ready, truly ready, for Michael. He's real right? REALLY REAL? HAHA... Chris, don't be jealous... Michael has been diving for much MUCH longer... Is there really any competition?
Fionna Pennybottom... OUT...
when your in the water just remember that there are about 250 million sharks in there with you, but most of them are far away. I hope that helps. David
I'll be sure to tell Shaggy & Velma....how fun!...I think....eeek :)
can't wait to hear how it goes :)
Post a Comment