img { border: 15px solid #000; background: #000; filter:alpha(opacity=60); opacity:0.6; padding: 1px; }

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Brain Clutter: Episode 2

*If I ever strike it rich, I full plan on creating animal sanctuaries worldwide. It would be me and all my animal friends.

*I think we spent 3 total hours indoors today.  Thank you, trees—shade is one of life’s great luxuries.

*Peer pressure does not go away after high school, ya’ll. 

*One of the greatest joys in life is anticipation. 

*I do love washing machines.  Germ Genocide.

*I think I’d like to learn French.  No…Welsh.  It’s a dying language.  Italian?  Oh, Rosetta Stone, where are you? 

*Some regrets only live on to remind us…and I’m thankful in a weird, masochistic way….

*“Abominable scoundrel”—Mr. Knightley in Emma

*Who knew a trip to the Wal-Mart sans children could be so therapeutic?  I would say cheap, but therapy would  be cheaper.

*Did that guy in the car next to me hear me singing at the top of my lungs even with the windows rolled up?  Yeeeeeessshh….sorry, man.

*Song Lyric Stuck in My Head for the Past Month: “If it was you and me against the world…baby, they got us under, but we’ll take whatever we want.  If it was you and me against the world” (repeated eighty times an hour)

*What was I thinking?  WHAT WAS I THINKING?  How did I miss THAT?  How DID I miss that?  HOW did I miss that?

*July already? 

*When should I start school clothes shopping?  I’ve never done this before as a mother….it’s like a rite of passage…I’m an amateur.  Good thing I’ve practiced shopping….

*Remember the days when I could clean my house, go to work, come home ten hours later and (gasp!) my house was EXACTLY. HOW. I. LEFT. IT?  Weird….

*Red heads have THE MOST fun…

*Sun, you’re welcome to bathe my garden in your rays and warm the earth for enjoyable summer nights, but please…stay away from my skin.  Neutrogena SPF 80, I adore you.  Thank you for coming into my world.

*Does anyone know of a good Potty Training Specialist?  Willing to pay BIG BUCKS to rid my house of diapers (and the consequent smells) FOREVER!

*What can I possibly do to repay Shellise for the hours of editing she’s done on my Work in Progress/Migraine Inducer?

*I need to ride a tandem bike.   Soon.

*How many toy guns do we HAVE?

*When did I ever become so excited over planting vegetables in my backyard?  Perspective…it’s all about perspective….

*Speaking of perspective, if everyone has one, there are billions of different ways to look at this ol’ world…hmmmmm…..

*I’m stuck….no, I can do this.  Come on, brain, produce something magnificent. I will not quit—I’m almost finished…oh, man…I’m stuck…

*Still looking for that 3 year old boarding school….the search is heating up as each day goes on…

Belize…Belize…Belize….?  Costa Rica….Costa Rica….costa Rica…..?

*Writing a book is like untying a million knots and just when you think you’ve got them all undone, you find one more—very tight—knot.

*I like the previews before movies almost more than the movies themselves…depending on the movie, sometimes much more.

*I strongly dislike professional athletes.  And ESPN.   Who cares if he sprained his pinkie?  Must you broadcast a feature story on such trivial matters?  Tell him for four million dollars a year, he can stand a little inconvenience.

*Think of the time, money and stress we could save if we never had to eat…no grocery shopping, no meal prep, cleaning up or unloading groceries!  No love handles that appear over the weekend and minimal messes!  Where do I sign up for such a plan?

*Remember when I was the tetherball champion?  Ahhh…the glory…the fame…

*I want this

images

but I have these

JUNE 137

Not compatible.

*Freedom=driving with all the windows rolled down and the music turned up.

*Where is my reset button?

3 comments:

Koreena said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Koreena said...

Totally love this. Your brain sounds an awful lot like mine . . . only more eloquent and less sleep deprived. :)

Kara said...

Yes. Yes. I agree with Koreena. A LOT less sleep deprived.

I keep thinking about the house we will someday have and things I'd like to have in it. Then I remember three monsters that live at my house and think, "Hmmm...Plan Z-20?" (Since that's how many times I've been through the whole alphabet...) :)