img { border: 15px solid #000; background: #000; filter:alpha(opacity=60); opacity:0.6; padding: 1px; }

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

It’s Not Easy Being Green…and Fragrant and Highly Sought After During the Holidays…

These trees don’t know how good they’ve got it.

DSCN0008

There’s a tree hunter on the loose and he’s not interested in plastic, tinsel or flocked trees.

He wants a

 real,

live

Christmas tree.

I would warn you, little pine—yell for you to run

But you can’t run. 

And it’s not fair.

Because the tree hunter is on the lookout

 DECEMBER1 011

and closing in,

DECEMBER1 012

getting closer and closer.

 DECEMBER1 014DECEMBER1 017

DECEMBER1 021

I’m sorry, little pine.  I’m sorry the tree hunter ripped you from the association of Mother Nature and your family members.

The best I can do for you, little pine whose life was cut short at the hand of a merciless tree killer,  is create  a prominent place in our home, a set of beautiful lights, and decorations to adorn your soft, fragrant boughs.  

DECEMBER1 026DECEMBER1 029DECEMBER1 031DECEMBER1 030DECEMBER1 033

If it’s any consolation for the loss of your life, you will be my  favorite view in the house.

IMG_3107

IMG_3103IMG_3109

And I vow to warn your family members about the tree hunter’s motives for next year…

No comments: