To Grandma’s and Grandpa’s we went…
Their house is made of long, happy summer days, open spaces, the smell of sticky buns and bacon from the kitchen, electric blankets, laughter and comfort.
The grandma inside the house is made of
Kleenex and Downy and Trident gum,
Twizzlers and bare feet and Vicks Vaporub.
And books.
She is cookies
and Johnson and Johnson lotion, bubble bath and toothpicks.
The grandpa inside the house is made of bacon and eggs, Pepsi and Snickers, Gold Toe socks and suspenders and crooked hats.
He is made of worms and late night bowls of ice cream. And kamikaze sodas.
To Grandma’s and Grandpa’s house we love to go.




















2 comments:
One of my favorite blog entries ever! You are so wonderful with words and I wish you could come visit my grandparents and then write about them.
Welcome Home! We missed you.
I love this post. While I am only an in law and have adopted your grandparents as my own, I share some of the same memories or loves about that place. Thanks for putting it into words as you so gracefully do always.
Post a Comment