img { border: 15px solid #000; background: #000; filter:alpha(opacity=60); opacity:0.6; padding: 1px; }

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Brain Clutter: Episode 5

*I could be a hippie, albeit a non-camping hippie.  A hippie in a house. A house hippie. And the drug-free type. But the rest of it?  Not a stretch…

*When one boils down any religion, it all looks the same: belief in a higher purpose and kindness to others

*There has to be a better way to come back from vacation. A vacation from your vacation or a Vacation Detox program  to ease one back into real life.

*Pura Vida!

*From Scrambled Eggs Super by Dr. Seuss:

Scrambled Eggs Super dee Dooper de Booper, Special De-luxe ala Peter T. Hooper

*I just don’t get food on a stick. Or food art. I lose my appetite just thinking about eating something that’s made to look like something else.

*City plazas, that’s what we need. Thanks, Latin America, for helping me see the light.

*Could we arrange a situation where we’d receive a list from Heaven detailing exactly what we do well and a prioritized list of things to work on? I don’t even know where to begin…

 

*I hate when I find a new song that I love so much I listen to it on repeat for a week until I no longer feel the same love toward it.  Overplaying spoils the goodness. Down with overplaying.

*Post Conference: feeling strangely hopeful despite my wretchedness. :)

And Elder Holland is my hero.

*I want my kids to travel while they’re young so they’ll realize that people worldwide are just trying to live a happy, full life in the best way they know how.  There is beauty and kindness everywhere.

*Is determination a talent? If so, I am quite talented, people.

 

*I wish I could see myself from another persons’ point of view, just for one day. I think I’d figure out pretty quickly what things I needed to change.

*I have brought a painfully slow new meaning to the phrase ‘late bloomer’.

*I wish I could move the mop/broom/toilet brush/dust rug/sponge just by thinking about it. If I close my eyes and concentrate hard enough on the task, do you think it would work?

*Must. Visit. Biltmore

*It’s hard to say goodbye to the voices in my head. But if I don’t, it might get crowded. Or is it the more, the merrier principal? Congested craziness…at least I’d be in good company.

*I love teenage boys—not in a creepy, old-enough-to-be-their-mother way, but I think they’re so cute., And I get to have two of them!

*I really need to learn a new language. Spanish? French? Morse code?

2 comments:

Allison Box said...

Enjoyed this thoroughly! Plus I too would like to visit Biltmore.

Koreena said...

Definitely Morse code. You'd use it WAY more than anything else. :)

Love hearing your brain clutter. Even more, I love that I actually hear your voice when I read this. It's like when you read a conference talk and can't help but hear the speaker's voice inflections the entire time.