img { border: 15px solid #000; background: #000; filter:alpha(opacity=60); opacity:0.6; padding: 1px; }

Friday, October 18, 2013

Goodness Gracious

 

Feeling good today.

Feeling grateful

The combination is best summed up by ‘Goodness, I’m gracious!” or “Gracious for goodness” or the very reliable, “Goodness gracious!”

Reason #1:

Goodbye, Sallie Mae. We’ve been acquainted for seven years now and, frankly, I’m sick and tired of feeling like I always owe you something. What kind of relationship is this, anyway? We’re no longer friends and I will not miss you.

Big, gigantic, enormous monstrosity of a grad school loan is now…gone.

Quite gone.

Vanished. Poof. Big, fat ZERO.

Sayonara, Sallie. We twain shall never meet again.

Reason #2:

Our Magic 8 manuscript in the hands of a very capable agent. The anticipation is killing me. But I’m grateful for it because, well….it means we did something right.

Check out these  stats from The Agent:

Queries read: 472

Rejected: 434

    *Requested: 38

*(There we are! In this category!)

**Request rate: 8%

**(There we are, in this percentage!)

In her own words:

“If I’ve requested  your full, I've  already decided  you're a good writer  and I like the  concept.”

One big, gigantic, enormous monstrosity of a hurdle JUMPED!

I refuse to think about the 8,732  remaining hurdles. One at a time, my friends, one at a time.

And then there are all these reasons:

DSCN7053DSCN7055

IMG_0759IMG_0760

I mean, it’s FALL. What is there NOT to be grateful for?

Goodness gracious, not a thing. ;)

1 comment:

JJ said...

Wow. No wonder you've been wearing a perma-grin. I hope everything continues in a positive direction. You certainly deserve success.