Combination of joys. That’s what I shall call my trip to Charleston, for it does not take much to make this girl giddy, but all the things that are INSTA-GIDDY were present in resplendent glory, in good ol’ South Carolina: history, books, old buildings, iron gates, trees. Spanish moss on those trees. cobblestone streets. Southern food. New friends, Inspiring people. Graveyards—really, really ollllllld graveyards, like unto none we have here in the Wild West. Because Charleston is basically London in America. $300 and you, too, can discover the charm of Britain with the ease of America.
After this trip, if I d entertained any doubt regarding the genetic memory theory, it is dispelled, ground to bits beneath my boots, albeit ground to bits on brick roads. :) (I mean, if you’re a dying theory, what better way to go than on the brick and cobblestone streets of a charmer like Charleston? After all, did I mention they have the coolest graveyards?)
The following is a collection of all my favorite things about our to Y’all Fest ‘14 and Charleston, although a meager attempt to shed light on its fineness.
New friends, Debbie and Trisha
Gayle Forman! After 2 hours of waiting in line…
(And we did meet one of my author idols, Stephanie Perkins, including a completely unexpected hug, but alas….no picture….)
New friend, Ella!




















1 comment:
Looks like a movie set!
Post a Comment