img { border: 15px solid #000; background: #000; filter:alpha(opacity=60); opacity:0.6; padding: 1px; }

Saturday, December 1, 2007

Snowy Day for a Farewell

There is a risk in allowing ourselves to love other living things. The risk is in losing them. On this very snowy December day, we bid farewell to our "firstborn", Marty (The Cat).
I can only hope there are lush curly ribbon fields and newspaper hills. And yellow feather dusters in whatever form they appear in Cat Heaven. If there are, Marty is one happy cat.

4 comments:

Heather said...

So sorry, Em. Chris told me about your cat this morning. I can't have an animal because I would get too attached. I'm not big into heartache.

Autumn and Doug Smith said...

He was such a cute cat. Sorry to hear you had to put him down. I know this had to be hard for you.

Losee's said...

Sorry to hear about the loss of Marty!

Anonymous said...

I am so sad still! Why Marty! Makes me dread the day we have to say goodbye to Chuck & Tiki! I just hope that God has created a place for these furry friends in our Eternal family!!