I think Wish Lists are great. It probably stems back to the days when I used to get the Christmas Toy Catalog in the mail and greedily dog-ear each and every page containing toys I "Kind of Wanted", "Really Wanted" and "Must Have".
Luckily, I'm an easy person to please. and knew I would never in a million years get all that my heart desired. But that hasn't stopped me from making both mental and paper Wish Lists. I have one for my house, one for my goals, one for books I want to purchase and my Travel Wish List, which I've been pondering over lately.
It goes a little somethin' like this:
*UK (Check that off June 2009)
Must sees include: Stratford-upon-Avon, Jane Austen's home, the Cotswalds, all the London sights, Chepstow Castle, Cambridge
*Oregon/Washington/British Columbia road trip--I love being in the car!
*Southern states road trip (Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, South and North Carolina)
Production note: Florida is getting a big check mark this summer!
*Montreal and Toronto and all things Canadian in between
*European World War Ii sites
*Cape Cod beach cottage
*Puerto Rico
*Scandinavian coutnries
*Vermont in Fall--I've only been in the summer...I can only imagine Fall...
*Any and all Six Flags (3 down, ? to go...)
I figure that's a good start. Of course, like anyone else, I'd like to see whatever and wherever I can, but since a budget and responsibilities DO , in fact, exist, these are my top choices. :)




















4 comments:
The English Lake District is beautiful! You would love the Cotswolds. Beatrix Potter's little villiage is darling too! I'll go with you if Chris won't. I'll never get Shea there.
that is a great list. I think that this is something everyone should do. I am not with you on the southern road trip. Yeah I was spoiled as a child and have never gained the fondness for traveling in a car. Would love to visit Jane Austen's house with you
Emily! England! My favorite place in the world. We tried to go to Austen house, but it was too far away from everything else. I LOVED London, Cambridge and Stratford...I should e-mail you some of our favorite things before you leave. (ie: Westminster Abbey, Warwick Castle, etc.) I like your list.
What an eclectic list of places and what a good idea. I have a small list of places I'd like to go if I could ever get over my anxiety of flying.
Post a Comment