img { border: 15px solid #000; background: #000; filter:alpha(opacity=60); opacity:0.6; padding: 1px; }

Monday, April 28, 2008

The Encouraging of Indecent Exposure

Things we now know about "The Kid"...
There's only one in there. (All of you that added to my "Twins Angst", TAKE THAT!)
It is a human baby--not an elephant or cow, as Bennett has repeatedly requested.

All limbs are present and accounted for....good start, good start. Also, babies develop great calf muscles by simply kicking your bladder (as seen in Photo #1). "The Kid's" face is smashed against my belly. Quite uncomfortable, I'm sure, but it makes for great profile shots...

And...HE is proud of his manhood! :)

Ahhhh...indecent exposure at its finest.

Other things we know:

1. He's huge--I will find out tomorrow if that is becuase I'm 2 weeks ahead of my September 13th due date or if he's just a monstrous kid. I think I'm actually hoping for the second reason. Call me crazy, but I want to go to Florida at the end of July. :) I like 'em bigger, anyway.

2. He's excessively wiggly, yet pleasantly cooperative. May he stay that way after the Great Emergence.

3. I'm ecstatic about another boy! (I could never picture myself with a girl, even though, in the earliest days, I thought this was of the female variety.)

4. We're naming him Miles Rigby Cox.

Apology: Sorry for the crooked nature of the pictures. They weren't cooperating on the scanner screen and I was in a hurry!

12 comments:

JJ said...

Your posts are so entertaining...

Congratulations! How exciting. You don't have to buy a ton of new stuff because you already have most of it and your sons will be good friends (if they don't kill each other first :-) ).

Angela said...

Congrats!!! A boy :) that's great for Bennett. This was such a good post to read. And a name already, congratulations on that. The name sounds great.

Heather said...

Congratulations! And I love the name Miles.
The Great Emergence--that sounds like a fun thing to do in one's spare time! :)

Lewis News said...

I have VERY mixed feelings! I'm sad it won't be a Maive, yet I'm so happy you'll have two boys together. It's fun to see them be brothers together. Congrats!!!

Jed and Leona said...

That is such a cute name, i like it! (Not that you needed my approval for his name). congrats on another boy. they are so much fun, especially 2 in a row, they definitely keep you on your toes! They'll be good buddies!

Anonymous said...

I am totally with you on the wanting boys thing. Annmarie is plently enough girl for me

The Webbs said...

Can you really be that far along, wow! Congratulations!!! Your boys will have so much fun together--with the exception of the fighting, teasing, harassing, wrestling, torturing...course those may be the things fond memories are made of with boys, still haven't figured them out yet :)

Autumn and Doug Smith said...

That is so exciting you are going to have a boy. Bennett and him will be the best of friends.

Moey and Spence said...

It's a boy for sure. How fun is that. I think it is always more fun to have the same gender children right after each other. They will be such good friends/enemies. The nice thing is you won't have to buy many more clothes. We'll congrats!!

Sara said...

Great pictures! And congrats on another little boy! Love the name Miles.

The Webbs said...

Bigger is better! Florida in July, in your 3rd trimester? You do remember how you can't breath, have to pee every 10 minutes, and waddle when you walk right :)
I love the name you chose, very boy!

l said...

Looking good! We posted a video and some of our Ultrasound pictures on our blog a little while back. However their captions aren't nearly as entertaining!