img { border: 15px solid #000; background: #000; filter:alpha(opacity=60); opacity:0.6; padding: 1px; }

Monday, August 18, 2008

Never Underestimate a Uterus

It is a common misunderstanding that a pregnant woman is incapable of doing much besides putting her feet up, suffering from mind-altering cravings and throwing mood swings around like mobody's business.
I'm here to tell you that an occupied uterus is never to be underestimated. They are stubborn and unyielding.
Pre-uterus occupancy, I lived at this speed:


In my "delicate" condition, I should probably live at this speed: But my big belly and company have actually been averaging this speed:
In Week 38, I strategically launched an ambush in hopes of putting up a Vacancy sign.

I attended a Barnes and Noble Breaking Dawn Midnight Madness and Masses. (I could have easily gotten the book the next day, but thanks, Nicole, for inviting me to do something I haven't done since college...)

(Also thank you to Nicole for attempting to rescue me from the guy who talked like a helium addict and was, no doubt, more in love with Edward than Bella, if you know what I mean...)

(2 disappointing stars, IMO)


The next day, I enjoyed a Sugarloaf Ladies' Night Out by attending Big: The Musical and fondly reminiscing about our own perms gone awry...



Followed by lively, candid discussions with 7 unoccupied uteruses (uteri?) over Red Rock fare.


The next day, we made a fast and furious 2-day trip to Idaho...



And then found ourselves at Camp Williams for 2 days of Youth Conference...still occupied.


(These visuals were almost frightening enough to start the vacating process...)

The day after Youth Conference ended, we took off for our final destination of the summer: The Annual Cox Family Gathering.







(Talk about your overactive uteruses...)




It is now Week 39.
I still have a No Vacancy status.

We even attended a Brian Regan show at Thanksgiving Point. I thought maybe constant, hard laughter would invite labor.

>Alas, no invitation extended.

Since that didn't work, Icleaned out a storage room, moved furniture, finsihed painting a bedroom and bathroom, cleaned my garage, pulled weeds, bought all the baby necessities, rearranged Bennett's room and moved various items down 3 flights of stairs.

Still pregnant.

Like I said, never underestiomate a uterus

This week I am simply going to stare lovingly at my normal jeans until this uterus goes insane and gives in.

If that attempt fails, I will go on a 20-mile jog up the canyon and continue my countdown, defeated, sweaty and too big for my own good.

10 days....

7 comments:

Heather said...

I never understood the "nesting" phase, but I would say you're in it.
I hope you don't drop off the face of the Earth once your uterus is yours again! Are you like that after you have a kid?

Unknown said...

Ahh yes I remember that magical night roughly 9ish years ago when we dressed up and stood in line at blockbuster for the release of Titanic. Oh wow we were delusional! But then again those were good times! Aida (sp?) even came with us. Who would have thought that such a lame experience would be the beginning of a lifelong friendship!
I'm not terribly surprised that you didn't like Breaking Dawn, you always liked tragic endings.
Let's chat soon!

JJ said...

Now that was entertainment! Boy do I remember being where you are right now...and I don't envy you. Hang in there!

And next year, Kelly and I would like to come to the family reunion - it looks like you had a lot of fun!

Losee's said...

You look so good. You are still small everywhere else, but that belly...lucky. I hope he comes soon though!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Heather (whoever she is) that you're nesting and the molting is going to happen soon. Sooner even.

Watsdog said...

Looks like the kid has taken hold and will not let go. Quite frankly, I don't blame him. Good luck, and let us know when he finally lets go! By the way, thanks for nudging (shoving) me into the blogosphere!;)

Gardner Family said...

Hey Emily, we were in Salt Lake over the weekend for a wedding and called your parents to meet up since we had not seen them since we were out shopping for my wedding dress seven years ago. Holy crap it has been that long already. We enjoyed seeing them and catching up a little and they gave me your blog address. Well her is our blog but I don't think I can even compare to the hilarious things you come up with and how cool your blog looks. Don't really have that time with three little munchkins biting at my ankles 24/7. Hope to talk to you more and stay in touch. We have just moved back to Colorado, Denver area after three and a half years in the exhausting heat of Arizona. Thank goodness we are back. So if you guys are ever in Denver again let us know and we will do the same if we are in the Salt Lake area. Good luck with your second bundle of joy arriving soon and I will be anxious to see the pictures on the blog.

Lauri