img { border: 15px solid #000; background: #000; filter:alpha(opacity=60); opacity:0.6; padding: 1px; }

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

NaNoWriMo: OhManWhatAmIDoing?


'Tis November!

Typically, such a statement evokes images of pumpkin pie and turkey, reflections of gratitude, deep Fall, holiday preparation, etc., etc.
And, of course, not wanting to be atypical, those things come to my own mind.
As well as Christopher's birthday, Young Women's Night of Excellence, the planning of Christmas parties and....

National Novel Writing Month,

or NaNoWriMo, as it is fondly and efficiently referred.

50,000 words of my novel have to be added in black and white by the fateful date of November 30th.

50,000 words=60 pages typed, single spaced.

60 pages is 1/8 a ream of paper, or the equivalent of....well, just a lot of paper and words.

Now I just hope both of my boys decide they need simultaneous two-hour naps during the entire month of November. Otherwise, it will be me and my computer, burning the midnight oil.
What do I get when those 50,000 lovely little words are placed lovingly on paper?
1. 50,000 words closer to the ending of my novel
2. 50,000 words to edit
3. A nice pat on the back from...myself. :)

Write on!

4 comments:

Allison Box said...

You are amazing Emily. I wouldn't even attempt it. I can't wait to read all your works someday...soon?!

Kerrilyn said...

Wow, I can't wait until you are finished! Happy writing!

Ammie said...

Your blog cracks me up! You are so funny and write so well! Good luck with your novel!

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you! Well, that may be premature. I'll be so excited for you when you're done! :) We'll be praying for long nap times and extra hours in the day, just for you! Good luck and happy typing!