Far, far away in the tranquil, turquoise waters of the Caribbean...


two Mermaids strayed from home and were washed ashore...
marooning themselves upon a desert island.
marooning themselves upon a desert island.
Their conversation went a little something like this:
Mermaid 1: "What would I give if I could live out of these waters?"
Mermaid 2: "What would I pay to spend a day warm on the sand?"
Mermaid 1: "Bet'cha on land they understand, that they don't reprimand their daughters. Proper women sick of swimmin', ready to stand."
On the opposite side of the island, two scurvy Pirates
so greatly feared the White Ghost of Sunday Morning (gotcha--you've got some splainin' to do, White Ghost),
they walked the plank 
on their ship, The Techno Titanic (Holla, Heather!)....
on their ship, The Techno Titanic (Holla, Heather!)....
and were forced to become landlubbers, also marooned on said desert island.
They decided to make the best of it.
Pirate 1: "Aye, matey, let's go find us some lasses."
Pirate 2: "Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum."
They plundered and pillaged the small island for rum and lasses with no immediate, satisfactory results.Pirate 2: "Well, SHIVER ME TIMBERS! That thar's not a lass, but it IS an...." (Ahem)

While standing on the beach and dreaming of their futures as professional kite surfers, the Pirates came across the lovely Mermaids.
Pirate 1 to Mermaid 1: "Argh, nice 'booty',"
Mermaid 1: "Eww, you lily-livered scallawag."
Pirates 1 and 2 to Mermaids 1 and 2: "What do ye lassies wish to do?"

Mermaids 1 and 2: " We wanna be where the people are,
we wanna see, wanna see them dancin'. Walking around on those - what do you call 'em? Oh - feet!
Flippin' your fins, you don't get too far. Legs are required for jumping, dancing. Strolling along down a - what's that word again? Street!
Up where they walk, up where they run, up where they stay all day in the sun,

wanderin' free - wish we could be Part of that world."
we wanna see, wanna see them dancin'. Walking around on those - what do you call 'em? Oh - feet!
Flippin' your fins, you don't get too far. Legs are required for jumping, dancing. Strolling along down a - what's that word again? Street!
Up where they walk, up where they run, up where they stay all day in the sun,

wanderin' free - wish we could be Part of that world."So they found a place with a view

(Correction: a NICE place with a view...)


and the Pirates showed the Mermaids a bit of the Piratin' life...
(Shea, does this mean you're tired of sandwiches?)
including their rather improper Pirate manners.

The Mermaids gave the Pirates a sampling of the Mermaid life...



and toured Davey Jones' locker together.


The four looked for loot

made friends with the locals....

and explored the island, 


using their newly acquired landlubbin' legs... and their GAR! (Sorry, I HAD to find a place for that bit of pirate speak.)

As the sun set on their week of marooning,

the Pirates and the Mermaids reluctantly converted...
to a life of of landlubberness and went home to a desert that, sadly, was not on an island.
We miss you, Aruba!
*The author would like to thank her Best Merfriend (BMF), Ariel, for the use of her original lyrics.*
*And, P.S., Ariel, you can HAVE ERic.*




















13 comments:
First of all, that is the most creative re-telling of a vacation experience ever! Awesome!
Second, I have never regretted a decision so badly...ever (unfortunately it was the right one). You guys look like you just had the best time!
Thanks for sharing with the rest of us that have only seen snow for the last month!
I never knew that you were so mermaid-like. Although, what happened to the bikini? There had to have been some shells around there somewhere!
Oh we found shells, never you worry!
Notice you....noticin' me! Did I say how glad I am that we chose this as our vacation theme song?
I love it, Emily!!!! It describes EXACTLY our week together. Man, I can't wait until next year! Very creative, woman.
Well, while the pirates and mermaids were galivanting in the sea, us "normal folk" spent their days in their homes because it was too blasted cold to go anywhere else. Looks like the funnest trip ever! Nothing a little cruising can't fix... Next year or bust! (or maybe both if you get my drift!)
That was AWESOME!! Very Entertaining! I must say i am dying to hear what 4 books you started and didn't finish! Heather is usually the book freak, i'm suprised she didn't read all of yours too!
looks like a Wonderful Vacation!!
Oh i'm heathers SIL and had to see these pictures you had!
BEAUTIFUL Water!
My dear Emily,
Every picture I posted of you was beautiful. You did a very nice job in your photo selection as well. Kudos.
I do know firsthand that you have vision impairment. Maybe that's why you see double chins when they don't exist. Trust me on this one.
Congrats on finishing your book soon. And I think we should just post Aruba pictures for the next three months to help Jerianne overcome her issues. What do you think?
Sincerely,
The sandwich lady
Aruba. Well that just doesn't seem fair.
How are you doing?
I must agree...not fair one bit, you lucky devils you! Looks like loads of fun! It is a bummer though to be slammed right back into the demands of life - Reality Check!
I will not lie.......... you guys are awful for not taking us in your luggage to ARUBA?!!!??!!! Oh my goodness! Jealous isn't even the word to describe what this post has done to us!! ha ha! Looks like nice, warm, amazing weather! I think I'm going to look at these pics instead of out the window for a few months lol
I can't handle it! Seriously jealous. I NEED sunshine right now. Warm salty air, heck, I'd even take Eric! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun.
What a fun adventure. We'll be lucky to make it out of Weber County this year.
Arrrgh! You make me TASTE that salt water. Very very mean of you! If only I could go back to my own mermaid life--you know, pre-kids, pre-job, pre-REAL LIFE. (sigh)
I am so jealous! I miss the ocean, even if it is just the Atlantic (Just kidding). I would not be opposed to living my life on a remote island, everything is so relaxed there. On a lighter note, it looks like someone has really "X"ed himself out. Tony would be soo proud.
Post a Comment