img { border: 15px solid #000; background: #000; filter:alpha(opacity=60); opacity:0.6; padding: 1px; }

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Well, I'll Be Darned, Ya'll


It is a good rule of thumb when keeping a secret to NOT-- I repeat, NOT-- appear on national television.

All secrets are null and void when one steps in front of a television camera and walks daintily across a stage in a bikini.


Secret's out, ya'll.
I'm a pageant gal.


Emily Cox, Miss Kentucky

I realize it doesn't LOOK like me, but that's the "beauty" of pageants. Makeup artists can do truly amazing and magical things.

(As can a nice bit of pink fluff about the neck...)

I'd like to congratulate myself on keeping my pageanting a tightly-kept secret.


Even from myself.

Come to think of it, this is all quite confusing.

I feel the early stages of an identity crisis emerging because I know of yet ANOTHER Emily Cox.

But this time I am an athletic 18 year old (close enough, Em) and Christopher is my brother.

Ewww.

Confusion cleared abruptly.

Okay, Em, you can be the ORIGINAL and I'll take second on this matter.

Miss Kentucky will apparently not win this competition either.

3 comments:

Aaron and Rachael said...

Did you google "Emily Cox" and find Miss Kentucky? If you want some entertainment, you should google my name, too. As if you would have the time for that! By the way, maybe you should start wearing pink:)

Kerrilyn said...

At first I thought that you were trying to announce you were pregnant. I am a little slow on the take this a.m.

Kimberly said...

See, I'm not the only one who thinks that you are trying to announce baby #3! Maybe, just maybe...you are pregnant and are just giving sublte hints! Waiting for the perfect opportunity to annouce it! That's the story I'm going to stick with! :) And the pink fluff around the neck - "It's a girl!" I'm so excited!