img { border: 15px solid #000; background: #000; filter:alpha(opacity=60); opacity:0.6; padding: 1px; }

Sunday, November 1, 2009

M.I.A.: Sighting 1

Place: Denver, Colorado

When: One fine weekend in October

I wouldn’t say I was technically “missing”.  I mean, my out-of-town-on-business husband knew where I was, my mom was in on the action as the getaway driver and my boys were totally in the know, strapped into the backseat for 8 hours.  And, of course, my sister and her husband were informed of our arrival. They even arranged for a personal and very fierce bodyguard.

9222_159741406508_524151508_2647660_4714855_n   december 1 1455

december 1 1408december 1 1412

But JUST IN CASE, I required disguises for all involved.9124_159678456508_524151508_2647110_1087782_n

9124_159678446508_524151508_2647109_428420_n

9124_159678481508_524151508_2647111_852431_n

(One can never be too cautious, or so my years of Traveling In Disguise have taught me.)

We spent a lot of time below sea level--in landlocked, mile-high Denver. Tricky, huh? december 1 1420december 1 1422december 1 1433december 1 1431december 1 1450december 1 14519124_159675316508_524151508_2647087_8247754_ndecember 1 1439(Another great tip for those wishing to just “disappear”: Stay in dark, fishy places december 1 1437teeming with predators december 1 1445december 1 1446december 1 1447--or just this guy,december 1 1427 as long as possible.)

We worked on Top Secret projects

9124_159681271508_524151508_2647133_6169757_nthat may or may not have been embedded with microchips for data collection from unsuspecting eaters unable to resist the cutesy Fall- themed cupcakes such as

“Autumn Afternoon”

december 1 1472

and

“Is That a Snowman on Your Fall-themed Cupcake?”

9124_159681286508_524151508_2647134_3885216_n

After mind-bending, dangerous work, we were, of course, famished.

The obvious choice was

 jackngrill_signfood from the Motherland…via Colorado.

(Those who don’t recognize the Zia symbol in the picture will need to brush up on geography if disappearing is in your future.  This, my friends, is the flag of New Mexico, symbolizing the GREATEST FOOD ON EARTH!)

december 1 1467

Like stuffed sopapillas….MMMMMMMM……

december 1 1468december 1 1470

          

I’m currently working on my next Disappearing Act…..Stay Tuned.

               

 

3 comments:

JJ said...

Ok, first of all, the Denver Aquarium is awesome! But I really hate that eel...very icky!

Second, that last photo of Bennett is all Chris. Oh my goodness...

Aaron and Rachael said...

What a lovely tribute to our little Icha! She should be a poster dog or something. I would love to comment on all of your many recent blogs-but there are far too many things to say. So,may I just say-you have completely redeemed yourself from the long drought!

Kara said...

Dave said, "That kid is an exact replica of his dad, isn't he?" I, who did not know Chris that early in life, could not give 100%, but I think 97% in the affirmative would suffice.

We LOVED Denver. These pics make me "homesick."