Imogen Heap's concert last Thursday was BETTER than quite lovely. I just can't rave enough about it. So I'll spare you my attempts at acclamation and instead, let you live the experience.
If you’re unfamiliar with her music, I am disappointed and feel a small degree of pity for your poor soul. Therefore, I feel responsible for properly educating you in all things Imogen and will do so by providing a small sampling of some(but definitely not all) of my favorite songs.
Look to the right. Yes, over there on the playlist cleverly titled Imogen. Click on each song, sit back and let the music flood your ears and enlighten your brain as you scroll through the pictures and pretend you were really there.
Go ahead, soak it in. I’ll wait.
See? I knew you'd love her. And I knew she was my favorite for a reason....
(These pictures are the best I can offer. You see, it’s hard to achieve professional photos while standing behind Gigantor who, at 7--or maybe 8, feet tall still finds it necessary to enlist the use of his tiptoes, while also trying not to disturb the female couple at my side, showing their love and affection for one another…..)
While we didn’t actually meet Imogen, we met someone who met her. Does that count? Her driver was circulating the crowd before she came on stage and stopped to chat. The exclusive insider scoop is that Imogen requested dinner at The Red Iguana, but the lines were too long and they ended up at a local Thai joint. Where would I have been without that information? (Certainly not heading for The Red Iguana in a state of crazed-fan mania…................................................................................ Onlykidding. :)
He also reported that she is quite charming and very, very kind.
Just as I suspected.
(The two “verys” are not an exaggeration, but rather verbatim….)
Until April, Imogen….
(At which time you will all scramble for tickets due to your proper Imogen education and consequent, unavoidable love….)




















2 comments:
Ya know, maybe we are not giving gigantor enough credit... I mean, he knew (and sang) every single word to every single song... Maybe he isn't so bad once you get past the large in stature part of him... Plus, you can count your self lucky that the two girly lovers were all over each other... Otherwise, one of them might have fancied you and that is something I know you wouldn't want-eh?
I am jealous. I should have just gone...I mean I felt fine the next day. HA! I will totally go in April though so as soon as you get the details, let me know. And can I combine comments and say that each week when I watch The Office, I always say, "The is Emily's quote of the week." I pick them almost everytime. Can't get enough.
Post a Comment