img { border: 15px solid #000; background: #000; filter:alpha(opacity=60); opacity:0.6; padding: 1px; }

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Bling a Ling Cling

Don’t pretend it doesn’t happen to you, because it does and it has--that moment when static cling pastes your skirt to your booty or your hair to your forehead.  It happens. 

And there’s nothing to be embarrassed about.  Embrace the Cling.

A gaudy group of us got the chance to embrace it New Year’s Eve when, for the second annual Bling-a-Ling party, we discovered that Bling clings. 

december 1 2203

december 1 2209december 1 2206 

Mrs. Bling-a-Licious 2009

december 1 2199brought her clinging baubles with her while

Mr. Bling-a-Licious  december 1 2201collected his throughout the electric evening.

Bling wasn’t the only thing clinging, however.

  There were crazy couples clinging to each other

december 1 2192december 1 2190december 1 2188december 1 2193december 1 2194december 1 2215december 1 2211december 1 2191

confetti and balloons clinging to the floors and ceiling,december 1 2213december 1 2212

and partiers clinging desperately to 2009.

december 1 2217december 1 2216

There were other clinging problems,

december 1 2196    

but luckily, at midnight, the bling came off (my hair quieted down) and 2010 is now officially clinging to us.

Happy 2010!!

And may your bling always cling.

4 comments:

Miss Megan said...

I always love seeing the parties you and your friends throw. Looks like a lot of fun! Happy new year!

Anonymous said...

You guys never slow down! It looks like you had a great time and party! Bennett's birthday cake is so COOL too! I love how you made it work. It really turned out amazing! ;)

Daniel, Stephanie, & Chloe said...

I guess I wanted to be "anonymous"...it just adds to my character and personality. Perhaps I will start going by that! Not a bad idea!

Anonymous said...

I think you should have been Mrs. Blingalicious with that fabulous hair! Love it!!