img { border: 15px solid #000; background: #000; filter:alpha(opacity=60); opacity:0.6; padding: 1px; }

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Fore! Four!

It all looks very innocent, this FOUR business.

 december 1 2180

I’m just so shell-shocked from three that I find myself cowering, bracing for the incoming age-related behaviors that will pelt me in the back of the head like an unwieldy and airborne golf ball.

But, so far, a whole two weeks into the FOUR experience, we have no bumps on the head and I see no reason to issue forth an ear-piercing, “Fore!” to warn those in the immediate vicinity.

 

I think I might like this latest advancement in years.

And I think the Four Achiever enjoyed his Birth Week festivities.

 december 1 2163

december 1 2173december 1 2181

where_the_wild_things_are_poster[1]

 200910223531PirateIslandPizza[1]      

FOUR—the Year of the Dragon.  And the Monster.  Oh, and the Pirate, too.  Okay, so apparently FOUR brings a taming of the inner toddler beast, but does not offer decisiveness.

Fine. 

I can deal with that.

Happy Four, B.B.! 

(I have abbreviated his nickname, so as not to embarrass him in his newfound wisdom and maturity….)  :)

2 comments:

JJ said...

Happy Birthday! Wow. I can't believe he is four but I should already know that...

What a celebration!

Anonymous said...

Um... You can officially make all of my cakes.. That is awesome! Sorry, this is a late blog comment... Thanks for inviting us to the "Island" it was so much fun!!