On the rare occasion rain fell on the scorching New Mexico ground, an Underground Snail Scene emerged.
Our driveway would be cluttered with water-deprived snails and their iridescent trails, luxuriating in the puddles left behind by the in-and-out storm.
I was always first on the scene, mixing and mingling with the Snail Folk, picking them up, studying their reflexes and following their slime trails.
Recently, I’ve noticed trails around the inside of my house, but they’re not from snails—they’re from little boys.
I would like to say that following these trails has not led me down slimy paths, but, you know boys….sometimes slime is involved in what would be an otherwise slime-less pursuit.
Nonetheless, these Little Boy Byways remind me that snails are not the only ones to leave reminders of their presence…




















9 comments:
Hmmm...I may have to steal this idea of cataloguing childhood. It's amazing all the "trails" that are left behind and I always think, "Now, WHY...?" :) I know I'll miss the days of finding light-up frogs in my bed. :)
I love the Pringles can on the fridge. Is that the small reminder that you are "out" and need to pick more up at the store?
chris had to of done half of these! I am bringing my camera to work and taking pictures of his "Trail"! so funny! Also makes me scared of having a little boy! Girls wouldn't do such things! :)
I love it. Another creative post from the mind of Emily. The trails at my house consist of dress-ups, lip gloss, and baby dolls.
I know what you mean. Braxton has stuff all over the house too.
So this is more of what I have to look forward to with mr Liam in the house... S'OK as long as I get my little boy snuggling up to me... I guess I will not fuss with muss.
My favorite is the Pringles can-definitely Chris's kids!
I love the little boy trails, and I love your music suggestions you left me. You blew my mind by telling me that Imogen Heap is Frou Frou. I always just thought they sounded the same. So thank you for educating me on that, and for your others.
I love it! Boys are the best. Maybe they just surprise me more than my girls because they think so differently than I ever did. I have been around boys enough to know a thing or two though.
Post a Comment