Family, family, what do you see?
We see a vacation on which we embark most happily.
Vacation, vacation, what do you see?
I see the truck’s tire becoming road debris…
New tire, new tire, what do you see?
I see Redfish Lake welcoming me!


Redfish Lake, Redfish Lake, what do you see?
I see happy people ready to play in me.
Happy people, happy people, what do you see?
We see Water too cold in which to be.
Water, water, what do you see?
I see Polar Plungers second-guessing their dive into me.
Polar Plungers, polar plungers, what do you see?
I see (but consequently, cannot feel) frigid water enveloping me.
Frigid Water, Frigid Water, what do you see?
I see numb skin turning red in me.
Numb Skin, Numb Skin, what do you see?
I see what looks like frozen turkey skin above my knee.
Frozen Turkey Skin, Frozen Turkey Skin, what do you see?
I see a slightly warmer bit of sand calling for me.
(Slightly) Warmer Sand, (Slightly) Warmer Sand, what do you see?
I see a rainstorm that will make you flee.
Rainstorm, Rainstorm, what do you see?
A kayak trip when I cease to be.
Kayak trip, kayak trip, what do you see?
I don’t see, but I hear, the high-pitched decree…
that boating is drier, warmer and less shocking for the three….dumped into the waters of an Arctic degree.
(Sorry, no pics. Too busy catching downstream-bobbing flip-flops and wrestling currents threatening to tip our own kayak….thanks again, Aaron and Rach, for preventing hypothermia and hysteria in a certain 4-year-old…)
Boat trip, boat trip, what do you see?
I see Nick showing too many curves, wouldn’t you agree?
Nick’s Curves, Nick’s Curves, what do you see?
I see Bennett protesting me.
Bennett’s Protests, Bennett’s Protests, what do you see?
I see the sun giving me the third degree.
Third Degree, Third Degree, what do you see?
I see a cozy cabin waiting for me.
Cozy cabin, cozy cabin, what do you see?
I see someone inside who’s a wanna-be.
WAnna-be, Wanna-be, what do you see?
I see our family returning to Redfish Lake ASAP.




















5 comments:
You are too cute Emily...love your rhymes and and fun pictures!
You would make Dr. Seuss proud! Way to go! Such talent and good looks, too. I should hate you (see how I did that...)
The wait was well worth it! You have much more photogenic pictures than I do on our camera. Good thing I didn't do the post : )
Sadly, we missed this lovely Redfish adventure. But thanks for posting pictures from the trip. I felt like I was there. Hopefully next year!
P.S. I happened to notice that you have yet to visit NC on your map. WHAT?? With somewhere FREE to stay? Trust me, it'd be worth it! SO MUCH TO SEE AND DO (we'd even stay in a hotel if we took you to the Outer Banks or Smoky Mountains.). :)
Post a Comment