This is me.
I’m somewhat of a control freak. I’m a planner, opinionated, outgoing, a bit of a nerd and a little crazy.
But one thing I’m not is competitive.
Oh no.
You wanna be the biggest?
You wanna be the best?
You wanna be the baddest?
Be my guest.
This is my family—my in-law family.
They’re hilarious, warm, adventurous, thoughtful, hard-working and colorful.
But one thing they’re not is UNCOMPETITIVE.
Oh no.
They’re competitive, all right. Every single one of them.
And we get along fantastically. And I love them dearly.
So, it no longer comes as a surprise that when they get together, there’s an element of competition in EVERYTHING.
(Including who wrote the most heartfelt and emotional sentiments in their mother’s/wife’s birthday card, just for an example.)
The last time we were all gathered, the clash tor the biggest, baddest and best continued. Take a peek into the battle while at the lake.
I’m pretty sure I got up on the board the quickest.
Whatever. Who can stay in the frigid water the longest?
Who cares? I look the best in boating attire.
Well I’m the best boat rider. Take that.
Did you forget about the best flag holder? That’s me.
You go ahead and hold that flag, but I’m the uncle that can drench the most nieces and nephews.
Big deal. Can you shake your booty like this?
That’s cool, but let’s see who can catch the most candy in their mouths.
How about catch candy while flying? Huh? Huh? Can you do that?
Who cares? What really matters is strategy. And I’ve got the best.
Strategy? Whatever. There is no strategy, but there’s focus. And no one can focus like me.
Are you serious? It’s all about the stance and I’ve got it.
Yeah? Well, I have the biggest mouth.
Okay, I’ll give you that, but I've got the steadiest hand.
You can have your steadiest hand. I’m still the most focused.
Ahh, I love my family.
Good thing I don’t have to compete for favorite daughter-in-law. Everyone knows I’m the baddest of the bad. :) (Right, Whitney?)
(And, Stephanie, sometimes I’m just plain favorite…) :)




















6 comments:
Well, I think that you have the BEST worst pictures of ANYONE if they ever want to find them...and I know that from personal experience! Fun post, yet again!
As usual, reading your posts is an experience. Loved it!
Coming from a Competitive family myself, this post has given me oodles of new things to be BEST at--because I, of course, AM the best. :)
HAHAHA!! :-) I am sitting all by myself laughing my head off! Which definitely puts me in the running for the crazy category.. (and the longest neck for those of you who noticed) ;) hahaha! These pictures are great! It brought back some crazy fun memories. As for being the best daughter-in-law... well lets just say you have quite a few years on me.. just give it a little time.. we'll see. :D haha Love it!! :)
PS Nick just got home and I showed him the page... his reaction was "lets make a funnier blog" and that is a direct quote! haha :D
HEY! I just want to know why my picture is up at the top by Nick when you are talking about being competitive person, eh? I am not NEARLY as competitive as Chris and Nick? ;) And you being the favorite...hmmm...I don't quite have a comeback yet...but I'll be thinking about it! ;)
Post a Comment