img { border: 15px solid #000; background: #000; filter:alpha(opacity=60); opacity:0.6; padding: 1px; }

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Picture me wiping my brow.
Now picture me staring blankly at my computer screen. It's so full of WORDS.....50,031 to be exact.
No, really. DID YOU READ THAT?
50,031
I squeaked in as a winner of his year's NaNoWriMo with 31 words to spare. Holy cow. I think I need to wipe my brow again....
Now...
Picture me rewriting all 50,031 of those words. Editing. Probably rewriting again. More editing.
Then picture a crisp, freshly published book sitting upon the shelves of your local bookstore.
Zoom in to the author's name.
Ah, there it is--Cox & Allen. Yes, there are two of us. Co-writers.
Hopefully co-authors of the best book you'll ever read....
Now, could you picture all of this happening by, say, 2012, please? ;) Thanks.
Phew. Again.
Now I'll picture myself catching up with the rest of my life.
Until next year, NaNoWriMo...

5 comments:

JJ said...

Wow. Great job! I bet you're glad November is over, huh?! Can't wait to read it.

Rebecca said...

AHHHHHHH! Congratulations WOW that is amazing. AND I can not even wait to read this book Let me also peek at this one and give positive feedback I can't wait!!!!! This is me being very excited if you couldn't tell.

Daniel, Stephanie, & Chloe said...

Hey!!! HAPPY DAY AFTER BIRTHDAY TO CHRIS!!! That's right! Even though I left a message, talked to you on the phone ON THE BIG DAY, I can even remember you the DAY AFTER your birthday! Am I the best sister or what!?! Definitely not a sister that would EVER forget your birthday 4 years in a row! DEFINITELY NOT!!! ;)

Anonymous said...

AH! YES please let it be 2012 because I CAN'T WAIT till we unveil this "to be" masterpiece!!! Congrats on the word count... and being a winner of NaNoWriMo! I am so proud of you...

Carla said...

Good work! I too am waiting to read this book and I am sure it will be amazing.