img { border: 15px solid #000; background: #000; filter:alpha(opacity=60); opacity:0.6; padding: 1px; }

Monday, February 18, 2008

Fairy Visitation Rights

We're not big into fairies at my house. They're too small for the likes of us. And I've never liked dust...even pixie/fairy dust. But Valentine's Day holds an exception. The Valentine's Fairy swings by for a swift, gift-bearing visit each year. We've never actually seen her, but she brings great gifts, so we're very welcoming.


This year she brought a few new flashy belt buckles for Christopher to add to his ever-growing collection. (A bottle-opener belt buckle for his heavier root beer drinking nights!) The Valentine's Fairy was also kind enough to bring Bennett his heart's desire--a bubble-blowing gun.


And, lovely little sprite that she is, she skipped the flowers, which I don't like getting, the chocolate, which I hate, and any form of mushiness (for which I have a weak constitution) and brought me a trip to the Shakesperean Festival in Cedar City!!!!!!! (To be redeemed in July.) Thanks, "Valentine's Fairy." (I think I may have an idea what "she" looks like now...)

There was also this strange ad Christopher found at work....

Needless to say, I ended up with a hot Friday night date. :)


We went and saw Jumper (2 stars--cool concept, terrible acting--I'm picky about my male actors-- and sketchy plot) and had a little non-gourmet, non-candlelit din-din with no booster seat, sippy cup or mutilated food in sight.

And THAT is a Happy Valentine's Day (and day after), indeed!

3 comments:

Heather said...

I'm with you on not receiving chocolate, but I do love flowers. It sounds like a great weekend! We can't wait to see you again soon.

Angela said...

I've got to see the 'bottle opener' belt buckle, that is so funny. Really I'm just hoping that Chris gets a lot of different buckles so I never have to see that nasty cockroach buckle again.

Angela said...

p.s. Dave wanted me to add that he got some IBC Root Beer for Valentines Day (he really did) so maybe him and Chris could hang out.