img { border: 15px solid #000; background: #000; filter:alpha(opacity=60); opacity:0.6; padding: 1px; }

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Funky Southwesterly Beacon


Behold the plethora of paint cans, the contents of which have jumped forth and rolled themselves onto my basement walls and ceiling. A beacon of color has been created that is, no doubt, visible in three counties. And I have entitled the beacon.....Funky Southwestern.

Examine closely the painstakingly chosen colors of Black Bean Soup, Earthly Russet and Camel. Along with an accent color of white, these are the colors that compose the ambience of our lower living quarters. We have one more room to touch up and then--it's a wrap.
At least in the paint department...
We have this fetching terra cotta tile to place in the bathroom...
and these dazzling hickory floors to lay down...
and our neutral, but oh-so-soft carpet to have installed.
THEN...THEN the truly fun part comes skipping gleefully in. The curtains, the pillows, the furniture and lighting, the artwork and accessories, the....
I must take a moment to compose myself before I go insane with excitement and creative compulsion!
(And maybe I should go finish the 152 other house-wide project I have waiting for me...)

2 comments:

Heather said...

I'm loving those colors! (from the 1/8" by 1/8" swatch) How many more weeks until it's liveable?

Angela said...

Emily you are so cool, I need to hire you.