THE NUMBER 3
(said in a thunderous voice, perhaps by James Earl Jones or that mysterious movie trailer voice).
We'll say it again.
(James, if you don't mind...)
THE NUMBER 3
Oh, the power, the SIGNIFICANCE!!
Think about it. People toss 3 around in phrases, make up universal laws and create fictional characters based on it all the time.
Don't believe in the power of 3?
Please refer to the following examples:
1. Genies offer THREE wishes.
Why not ten or twenty? Why not an unlimited amount with an exchange policy?
Why not ten or twenty? Why not an unlimited amount with an exchange policy?2. There is the RULE OF 3, widely used in design, that says everything looks better in groups of three.
3. How many times have you heard the following phrase:
THIRD TIME’S A CHARM?
4. There are
THE THREE MUSKETEERS,
THE THREE STOOGES,
THE THREE LITTLE PIGS
and
THE THREE AMIGOS
So when Bennett turned 3 a week ago, his Birth Week celebrations were no exception to the Rule of 3.
He had THREE CAKES
(one of which I did not get a picture of--sorry Grandma Rach)

(That's a snowball cake, in case you didn't catch the vision...)
He celebrated THREE times, once with his Cox family (which I didn't get ANY pictures of),
once with his Box family 
and once with Mom, Dad and Miles.
There were THREE big Birth Week events, including
A FRENCH FRY LUNCH
A BIRTHDAY PRESENT HUNT


**There WERE THREE LITTLE FISHIES, but after Bennett "decorated" their bowl with his toys-turned-yard-ornaments, the little ones died, leaving just one, Egbert. (Welcome, Egbert, and may your life be long high upon the refrigerator...)
and a MOVIE WITH HIS GIRL, LONDON.(HAD a picture of this, but it was inadvertently erased. AAAAHHHHH.)
To wrap Bennett's Birth Week up in a nice little package, he turned THREE years old and will remain that way for approximately 365 days.Three better be magical.




















6 comments:
I'm sure he can be a stinker but he is pretty cute! Happy Birthday Bennett!! Looks like he was spoiled!
The snowball cake turned out just how you had described. I know that I would not have wanted to frost all of those donut holes! Gosh, Bennett got to have Christmas, and then three birthday celebrations? How do I sign up for that?!
Happy Birthday Bennett!! I thought that just maybe you were trying to make an announcement by the whole 3 theme hehehe.
Isn't it amazing that Bennett's already three? Jack turns 3 on Tues and I'm out of my mind--but you did give me a good idea for his cake. I caught the snowball vision and LOVE it. Do you mind if I copy you? Don't worry, I'm sure it won't be as good as yours! :)
Happy Birthday Bennett!! Now Emily your creativity just continues to amaze me. Really. Have fun in Aruba while I am at home crying myself to sleep cause I am in Utah. Take some good pictures.
Hey Cox's. I just wanted to say Hi and that I think you blog is great! We saw Chris' family on New Years Eve at the Balanced Rock Cafe. It was fun to see them again!
Post a Comment