Eight years married to Christopher....
is like....
an afghan pillow.
Yes, I said an afghan pillow.
Much like one you might find in a collection on an elderly woman's sofa.
This year, while we were on our anniversary outing, we each took a picture of something that represented our 8 years together.
Presenting my unromantic, if notodd, choice, in typical quirky fashion.
How does this official Eighth Year Mascot ,
the Afghan Pillow of Love,
represent our marriage?
Wellllllllll......
1.
It's comfy and cozy--broken in, fluffed and poofed just the way a good Pillow of Love should be.

2.

is like....
an afghan pillow.Yes, I said an afghan pillow.
Much like one you might find in a collection on an elderly woman's sofa.
This year, while we were on our anniversary outing, we each took a picture of something that represented our 8 years together.
Presenting my unromantic, if notodd, choice, in typical quirky fashion.
How does this official Eighth Year Mascot ,
the Afghan Pillow of Love,
represent our marriage?
Wellllllllll......
1.
It's comfy and cozy--broken in, fluffed and poofed just the way a good Pillow of Love should be.

2.
8 years has brought many multi-colored moments that make for a great color scheme.

3. The Pillow of Love's pattern leaves plenty of space to breathe, but its stitches are tightly connected.
4.
This Afghan Pillow of Love is handmade, which means: A) the craftsmen are proud of their work, B) time and effort have been spent in many happy moments of creative pursuit and C) it's an original.

5. At its center is a common theme.

6.
Its pattern is predicatable, reliable and stable, but never, ever, ever boring.
7.
If a row represents a year, each year has brought something new that adds to the Pillow of Love.

8.
The Sofa of Life is incomplete without the Afghan Pillow of Love.
Oh, and
9.
This is my subtle way of telling Christopher if there's going to be a ninth year, he must learn to crochet.
Kidding. Only kidding.
HAPPY 8TH TO US!!
P.S. I'm sure you were wondering...
This is the picture Christopher took.
Yikes.
Suddenly the Afghan Pillow of Love seems charming.
Maybe I really should make him learn to crochet me a pillow...




















2 comments:
Wow! Now I know that you are a talented writer. You just compared your 8-year marriage to an Afghan Pillow of Love! And it was actually really good.
I'm not sure I know of anyone who could have accomplished such a feat of prolific verbosity (does that even make sense? I was trying to use them there big words).
Congratulations!
Congratulations on making it--and on your love representing such a lovely pillow. Only Chris and Emily...
Post a Comment