img { border: 15px solid #000; background: #000; filter:alpha(opacity=60); opacity:0.6; padding: 1px; }

Friday, February 4, 2011

Hi-e, Kauai, Whoo-ee, Lihue and Whoa-a, Koloa

Things You Might See in Kauai:

Us…by the sea…

KAUAI2011-140-1_thumb

beach5_thumb

lavarock_thumb

KAUAI2011-134_thumb

beach_thumb

beach4_thumb1

KAUAI2011-131_thumb1

KAUAI2011-208_thumb

KAUAI2011-219_thumb

KAUAI2011-013_thumb

KAUAI2011-017_thumb

KAUAI2011-024_thumbKAUAI2011-029_thumb

KAUAI2011-028_thumbKAUAI2011-027_thumb

KAUAI2011-046_thumbKAUAI2011-137_thumb

KAUAI2011-044_thumb

KAUAI2011-037_thumb

Us….

KAUAI2011-156_thumb

below the sea…

IMG018_thumb2

Turtles…lots and lots of gigantic turtles…

IMG004_thumb1IMG005_thumb1

IMG023_thumb1

Brilliant white coral reefs (though it never looks as good on camera)…

IMG006_thumb1IMG007_thumb1

Brilliant white fish with red hair…

IMG003_thumb

IMG008_thumb1

Brilliant white fish with no hair…

IMG014_thumb

IMG009_thumb1IMG010_thumb1IMG015_thumb1

Frog fish…

IMG017_thumb1

Us…above the sea, hiking the treacherous

Nepali Coast

hike_thumb1

KAUAI2011-053_thumbKAUAI2011-057_thumb

KAUAI2011-056_thumbKAUAI2011-064_thumbKAUAI2011-058_thumb

KAUAI2011-065_thumbKAUAI2011-077_thumbKAUAI2011-071_thumb

KAUAI2011-078_thumbKAUAI2011-079_thumb

nepli_thumb2KAUAI2011-084_thumbnike1_thumb1

KAUAI2011-085_thumb

KAUAI2011-076_thumb

Us…forging a river to get to a black sand beach

KAUAI2011-087_thumbKAUAI2011-088_thumb

Us…on that black sand beach…

KAUAI2011-091_thumbKAUAI2011-098_thumbKAUAI2011-100_thumbKAUAI2011-105_thumbKAUAI2011-109_thumbKAUAI2011-112_thumbKAUAI2011-115_thumb

KAUAI2011-120_thumb

Us…inside the earth

KAUAI2011-051_thumb

Us….at Merriman’s, with Kalua pork and pineapple pizza

KAUAI2011-002_thumb

KAUAI2011-192_thumbKAUAI2011-194_thumbKAUAI2011-197_thumbKAUAI2011-196_thumb

KAUAI2011-218_thumb

Us…at Puka Dog, some more happy about it than others

KAUAI2011-123_thumbKAUAI2011-124_thumbKAUAI2011-125_thumb

Us…collecting our

island essentials…

KAUAI2011-003_thumbKAUAI2011-004_thumbKAUAI2011-052_thumb

(We never did find those gourds, did we Heather?"

KAUAI2011-121_thumb

Us…driving the

Highway to Heaven…

trees_thumb2

Us….with the natives…

KAUAI2011-050_thumb

KAUAI2011-117_thumb

KAUAI2011-165_thumb

KAUAI2011-157_thumbKAUAI2011-158_thumb

KAUAI2011-128_thumb

KAUAI2011-200_thumbKAUAI2011-141_thumb

tree_thumb1

KAUAI2011-212_thumb

KAUAI2011-179_thumb

KAUAI2011-213_thumb

KAUAI2011-217_thumb

KAUAI2011-191_thumb

Us…in the future…KAUAI2011-049_thumb

Us…experiencing Fall in Hawaii…

KAUAI2011-116_thumb

Us…experiencing Winter storms in Hawaii

KAUAI2011-126_thumb

KAUAI2011-166_thumb1

KAUAI2011-161_thumb

KAUAI2011-159_thumb

KAUAI2011-216_thumb

KAUAI2011-163_thumbKAUAI2011-171_thumb

The works of Michelangelo…

KAUAI2011-143_thumb

The works of T.J. from Andy’s Tat ‘n Tan

KAUAI2011-147_thumbKAUAI2011-148_thumbKAUAI2011-152_thumbKAUAI2011-153_thumbKAUAI2011-172_thumbKAUAI2011-183_thumb

Ummm…this view:

KAUAI2011-145_thumb

The 45-minute drive Funnel Cake…

KAUAI2011-190_thumb

The Green Light of Courtesy…

KAUAI2011-198_thumbKAUAI2011-199_thumb

Us…consuming island treats…

KAUAI2011-209_thumbKAUAI2011-210_thumbKAUAI2011-211_thumb

Us…on a red-eye back to the Arctic…sad to leave Kauai

KAUAI2011-222_thumb

Aloha Oe…

3 comments:

Kara said...

I have been in a major tropical depression. As in I-need-the-tropics-NOW-but-due-to-my-infant-I-cannot-have-them-at-this-moment depression. I've been missing UNDER the sea so much it almost hurts and looking at your pictures I could TASTE that water and HEAR my Darth Vader breath.

Here's to living vicariously through you, my friend.

Here's to the END of residency.

Aloha Oe. :)

Aaron and Rachael said...

I am jealous...of the spandex scuba suits : )

Anonymous said...

YAY! I have been waiting for this post... LOOKS LIKE SO MUCH FUN!!!