img { border: 15px solid #000; background: #000; filter:alpha(opacity=60); opacity:0.6; padding: 1px; }

Friday, May 20, 2011

Brain Clutter

*Justin Timberlake could cover, “It’s Probably Me” by Sting and that would be alright with me…

*The contents of my cupboards are completely uninteresting.  Time to do some grocery shopping.

*Brilliant line from Wives and Daughters: “She had cast herself on the ground—that natural throne for violent sorrow…sometimes burying her face in her hands, sometimes clasping them together as if by the tight, painful grasp of her fingers, she could deaden mental suffering.”

*Too many exotic places to go, too little time…and no private jet.  Or a family member working for the airlines. That’s what I need…

*Why are Parachute tickets not on sale for SLC yet? 

*Listening to Bennett read is triumphal.

*Why have I not won the Masterpiece Classics Sweepstakes yet?  It was probably only me, Nicole, and the residents of a few retirement homes that entered….odds are in my favor.

*I have never seen the mountain so green…even sagebrush is pretty after the rain.

*I think my longtime friend, Jiggle, is finally gone—hello, Freshman weight.  Thanks, myfitnesspal.com.

*Everyone needs their own cozy corner in the world…

*Word of the day: saucy.  Such a Word Nerd. Boggle, anyone?  Scrabble?

*I need these shoes

w-neon-green-morocco-crochet-s-s11

*I need to find a place like this and plan a date night…

17046814_90Fbsvdx_b

*If music ceased to exist, I would cease to exist.  I need a soundtrack for pondering life’s great mysteries.  And dusting.  Pandora, I am in love with you.

*Is there anything to equal a really great smile?

*Remember pen pals?  Whatever happened to pen pals?  I need one.  And ‘m going to write all my letters with a quill.  And seal the envelope with wax, just for fun.

*I never thought I could go without cinnamon bears. Or Rips.  Or Hot Tamales, jelly beans, swirly gummy bears and Swedish Fish.  Self-mastery at its pinnacle…

*Why am I surrounded by unfinished projects and only want to start more?

*Would time slow down if we didn’t use calendars and have  obligations slap us in the face every time we looked at one?

*Self-made Nerf gun targets taped to the front door and bug colonies on my kitchen table=having boys.

*Motherhood seems a little less fulfilling when listening to a 2, almost 3-year-old, scream his guts out because he wants ketchup. 

*Universal Truth: There is nothing better than a rainy night, a good book, a fluffy comforter and soft lamplight.

*Need a boarding school for 3 year olds….need it now….where is it and when is registration?

*Was I supposed to outgrow daydreaming?  Whoops…

*The clock moves too fast at night.  It’s midnight and my creative juices are just beginning to flow…how do I freeze the clock so I can keep working?

*What did I ever do before Amazon?

*Intelligence is such an endearing quality.

*Where’s that Genie I ordered?  And the personal stylist? I thought they’d be here by now…

*The best part about being crazy is that I’ll never know I am.

5 comments:

Koreena said...

So many similar thoughts to my own. If you find a good boarding school for 3-year-olds, let me know. Actually, even a so-so one would be good enough right now. (I type that as I listen to her screaming since she doesn't want to go to sleep.)

Kara said...

You know, Dave and Jack left for a week's vacation in UT, leaving me with the screaming 3 year old. Why didn't I send her? I'm asking myself the same question. I'm glad to know it's not just my kid. That it's HER fault, and not MINE. :)

And, as always, you're fabulous!

Anonymous said...

I love your thought process! Perhaps because a lot of these random thoughts I have also thought as well, and the others? Well now you got me thinking! By the way, Masterpiece has not called me yet either! BLAST IT ALL! By the way "You ain't never had a friend like me" Poof!

Unknown said...

I have three pen pals - we send hand written letters back and forth and we always look for great stamps. Its the best! I would love to be your pen pal. Nothing like getting a letter in the mail!

Rebecca said...

I love you and your brain clutter. Many of the same thoughts over this way, and I love those shoes. And lots of days at my house Motherhood is very unfulfulling.