img { border: 15px solid #000; background: #000; filter:alpha(opacity=60); opacity:0.6; padding: 1px; }

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Three It Must Be

Number three…

the number respected and revered by the Vikings of old, that fierce, strong-willed and, according to our standards, untamed people.

The powerful number oft used in their lore, religious rituals and mythology…

Waywaywait--

I have a three year old.

He can also be fierce…

AUGUST 009

He is  strong-willed…AUGUST 011

He is yet untamed…

AUGUST 004

Therefore…

Miles is a Viking?

Chris iphone pics (Oct 11) 052Chris iphone pics (Oct 11) 071

Ahhh…finally! 

I wondered why Three carried such dark power and the desire to pillage and conquer.

 Chris iphone pics (Oct 11) 056 Chris iphone pics (Oct 11) 031

To break stuff.

 Chris iphone pics (Oct 11) 036

Send out battle cries.

Chris iphone pics (Oct 11) 057

Ransack.

But now I get it. 

Had I gotten it before his third birthday, Miles would not have had this (hideous and hastily thrown together) robot birthday cake.

AUGUST 003

He would not have received these gifts.

AUGUST 023

AUGUST 030AUGUST 035AUGUST 028AUGUST 039AUGUST 043AUGUST 045

Instead, I would have fed him hearty helpings of Viking food and  given him a hand-carved long boat in which to sail Northward  to his clan. (Which would also entail time travel.) 

I would kindly request they allow him to experience his Wild Three-dom in a place where Three is worshipped.

I would then request he be returned home upon turning four, when his vehemence had subsided and Three had left his system.

Perhaps I can call on one of the Viking gods to assist me in this Three-Year-Old endeavor?  :)

Happy Birthday, Miles!

 ást ok sigr

(Love and Victory in Old Norse)

Chris iphone pics (Oct 11) 044

1 comment:

Watsdog said...

If I were you, Emily, I would leave Miles with the Vikings until the age of 5...Four, sadly, is not much better than three! ;)