img { border: 15px solid #000; background: #000; filter:alpha(opacity=60); opacity:0.6; padding: 1px; }

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Womb Talk

"We're live at the womb of Miles Cox. It's 9:00 on Wednesday, the 27th of August, and the soon-to-be fourth member of the Cox family has granted us an exclusive interview on this very busy day. "
"So, Miles, what do you think about your upcoming debut?"


"It's a week early, but this lady is really cramping my style, so I'm making my move NOW... Where else do I have to go but OUT? At 3:45 I'm busting outta this joint."

"We'll take a short 8-hour commercial break and rejoin Miles as he becomes the latest birth at American Fork Hospital. "

"Miles, you weighed in at a wee 8 pounds 4 ounces and measured only 19 inches long. What do you think about the events of the day so far?"
"Well, at least your mom seems excited that you're finally here..."

"Personally, I find her a little too perky. I have a pretty significant headache right now."
"We understand you have a brother who will be three soon. What are your thoughts on coming to a house as the second oldest?"
"So THAT'S the kid that was always making the noise? I don't know. I guess he looks pretty happy to have me around. He'll do.""There are, no doubt, going to be a plethora of new experiences in store for you. What do you think about the options out there?"

"So far, the food's not great...
but my Dad makes up for it. He's a pretty cool guy."
"What do you plan to do with your time, now that you're here? And do you eplan on opening your eyes at all in the next 48 hours?"
"Miles?"
"MILES?"


25 comments:

Bethany said...

Congratulations! Very cute!! Hope you are all doing wonderful!

JJ said...

What a tender and sweet baby! I'm so happy for you guys. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

yeah!!! glad he come and it seems without problems. Hopefully he will sleep for you. COngrats

Daniel, Stephanie, & Chloe said...

He's so adorable! I was checking every day for pictures...Chris said it would be earlier (typical that he was behind)! :) But he looks so cute. Can't wait to see him in person!

Kara said...

Ahhh... He's so cute! Congrats and hope you adjust well--especially Bennett! Get all the sleep you can!

Watsdog said...

Congratulations guys! He's adorable! Boy are you in for a treat...two boys. Let me tell you, it's fantastic! No, really, it is.

Anonymous said...

Seriously, if I didn't see him with my own eyes today, I would think you were just making him up he is so cute! Maybe when he isn't so breakable I will actually venture out to hold him... Hmmm... Maybe around ten months!!

Miss Megan said...

Emily - Congratulations! Miles is darling...just absolutely darling! (P.S. I LOVE the name). As always you make each post more entertaining than the last. I hope everything went well. Muaaaah!

Losee's said...

yay! He is here! He looks beautiful!

Jamie and Tom said...

Hooray!! He's a cute!! I absolutely love the picture of Bennett holding miles! That is so cute!! aww how fun! Congratulations!

The Webbs said...

He is beautiful! Congratulations! I love your blog entries, even at full term and through the miracle of birth you manage to keep your sense of humor. I need to be more like you! I lost my sense of humor at 33 weeks and have yet to get it back.
Hope you are doing well, can't wait to meet little Miles :)

The Hopkins Family said...

Congratulations! He is cute, does he look like Bennett? You do look way to chipper to have just had a baby, but you were probably just glad to have him out. Right?

The Hopkins Family said...

Congratulations! He is cute, does he look like Bennett? You do look way to chipper to have just had a baby, but you were probably just glad to have him out. Right?

The Hopkins Family said...

Congratulations! He is cute, does he look like Bennett? You do look way to chipper to have just had a baby, but you were probably just glad to have him out. Right?

Unknown said...

So cute! I can't wait to get to know him better, I hope you are showing him pictures of his aunt Josephine!

Rebecca said...

Oh Emily he is sooooo handsome! Bennett looks like quite the proud older brother. What a cute little family you have. Good luck adjusting to 2 it took me a while longer than I would have liked.

Allison Box said...

This may sound stupid or unbelieveable, but Miles looks just like I thought he would! He is very cute and I can't wait to see if he and Ryan look more and more alike. Bennett looks like a pretty proud brother too! Way to go Emily. I knew/know you could do it!

Autumn and Doug Smith said...

Congratulations! We were excited to hear the news and can't wait to come and visit new little Miles. He looks darling.

Sara said...

Congratulations! Miles is adorable! And you are looking great Emily for just having a baby! If only I was so lucky.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new bundle of joy! He is so dang cute, so I guess he fits in just perfect with Bennett. Hope you are all doing well!

Oveson's said...

Super cute!! Way to go mom!! If you were wondering who this is it is melanie oveson (garvin) I saw the link to your page from dan and stephs and I saw it at a great time!! congrads!! ;D

Kerrilyn said...

Congrats on the new arrival. I loved the interview. He is so darling. Glad he is out!!

Moey and Spence said...

How fun is that? Little Miles is cute.

MaryBeth said...

Very cool to welcome the 2nd oldest! Congrats. You'll have to let me know how life with 2 is.

Angie said...

Hi Emily! Congrats on your new addition! Very cute! Bennett looks so cute holding Miles...they are going to be good friends :).