If you are not an animal lover, you may stop reading NOW. Yes, NOW.
(Heather, are you still reading?)
If you do not find animals intriguing or heart-melting or adorable or hilarious or worthy companions, you will find this post utterly useless.
If, however, you have a beating heart, it will bring a smile to your face.
Ever heard of Best Friend’s Animal Sanctuary? Hmmm….well, remain in darkness no longer.
This is where I would no doubt spend a great deal of time if I didn’t have two-legged animals of my own to raise. I fully intend to volunteer here in the future…live out my Golden Years in the presence of all things adorable. (Before settling into a sorority-style existence at The Charleston Retirement Home, of course.)
If I could, I would welcome every one of these furry friends to my home. Yes, including the pigs. Just look at their pictures and tell me you couldn’t just squish them with love.
http://www.bestfriends.org/pigweek/
(It’s Pig Week)
I’m totally ready to be the Crazy Cat Lady/Pig Princess/Dog Diva/Wild Animal Whisperer.
The pigs, of course, would reside at my ranch in Texas while the dogs could romp on the vast lawns of my English manor. The cats? They would fill the rooms of my London flat. The other animals would settle in nicely at my various sanctuaries around the world, which I would conveniently have to visit on a regular basis.
I’ve got it all figured out.
Except the ranch/manor/flat/world-wide sanctuaries part.
Hmmm…for now, I guess it’s just me and my three-legged Himalayan runt, Charlotte, and my squishy, fuzzy, obese, Willoughby. ;)




















2 comments:
I couldn't stop reading. It was like watching a train wreck and I couldn't turn away.
Just for the record, I could walk away--nay--run away from all of those animals without giving it a second thought.
I guess my heart will continue it's job of not beating.
I think Icha belongs somewhere in a said "sanctuary". She and that pig look like they might get along well. I can't blame hers on some odd physical attribute or birth defect though, except for that old man beard of hers. : ) Oh, and Dear, dear, gordo Willoughby: I heart you and your rolls!
Post a Comment